Montana's Collaborative Nightmare | Michael Garrity | Alliance for the Wild Rockies | Ep. 054
February 18, 2023
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mike’s career evolution.
- How the Alliance for the Wild Rockies has been able to maintain its mission and integrity over the decades.
- The origins of the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (NREPA).
- Why the Alliance sues the Forest Service more than any other environmental group in the country.
- Wild Montana, Greater Yellowstone Coalition and The Wilderness Society’s promotion of harmful logging projects and the destruction of wilderness quality lands as part of a culture and system of corruption.
- What greases the skids of conservation collaboratives.
- The public’s overwhelming support of roadless lands in Montana.
- The ecological price of continuing motorized and mechanized recreation in roadless areas.
- The importance of quiet to native wildlife and the human animal.
- The who, what and why of "conservation” collaboratives.
- The disastrous Blackfoot Clearwater Stewardship Act.
- The many threats from road building.
- The Lincoln Property Proposal.
- The Gallatin Forest Partnership.
- What true protections should look like under 30x30.
- How to start turning the tide for wildlands across the Northern Rockies.
The Alliance for the Wild RockiesSupport the show
The good, bad, and ugly of Tester’s Blackfoot-Clearwater Stewardship Act
TWS's Roadless Report
The Bader Report (Gallatin Forest Partnership)